Saturday, March 31, 2012

Back to Planking

We are now at a Johnny's Lakeside Resort campground near Foley, AL. We arrived yesterday and will stay until Monday as one of our grandsons has a baseball tournament.  I wanted to report on my planking adventure. I started the month of March with a goal of doing a plank a day and increasing by 5 seconds each day. I'm not sure how many plank minutes:seconds I was doing prior to my surgery, but I got the stitches out on Wednesday and since today was the last day of the month, I thought I'd see what I could do. I made 2:30. So, I'll set that as my starting point and beginning tomorrow, I'll add a few seconds a day for the month of April and see where I end up.
 
I just can’t stand it when I start something such as a challenge and then don’t make my goal. That’s the way it’s been with the 100 day challenge. I think today is day 91 and I’m still in although my minutes are now down to an average of 103 each day. Because of the the surgery, I could not do yoga or Pilates which were taking up a significant amount of time. Barring any unexpected traps, I think I will be successful with averaging 100 minutes (with a minimum of 30 minutes) per day of exercise for 100 straight days.

No comments: