Saturday, June 11, 2011

In Granbury, TX

Yesterday we arrived in Granbury, TX where we are visiting our friends that we have known for over 30 years. They live in a gated golf community that has a place to hook up RVs so we parked our Scamp there and then went over to visit them. They convinced us that even though we had the Scamp set up for the night, we should stay with them in their home. They love to play Canista and we played a game.This past Friday they celebrated their 50 wedding anniversary. This morning she and I played a 9 hole par 3 golf course and that was a hoot since neither of us have played in years. We weren't nearly as bad as we thought we'd be After our golf adventure, while she was taking a nap I went out for a run. It was about noon and I have no idea of the temperature. All I know is that with the heat and the hills, I was proud that I was able to run 3 miles and walk 1.

Tomorrow we continue making our way toward Alaska.

No comments: